Please follow the guidelines below when submitting electronic art. If you have any questions, call us at 800-826-2091. We're ready to assist you!
PC platform of vector images in editable format sent electronically or on CD.
Compose label art in Adobe Illustrator; use Photoshop for scanning and image manipulation to prevent any production delays.
Include the following information with your electronic files:
- Printed directory of your disk.
- Color composite or separate printout of electronic artwork.
- Label dimensions (indicated on printout). Include corner radius if applicable.
- Indicate color break. Call out PMS numbers.
- Original file for each placed image contained in electronic art file.
- Printer and screen version of each font used in art file. If file was created in a vector program, you may convert all the fonts to path. This also applies to fonts used in any placed EPS images.
- Place copy and graphics not less than 1/16" inside die cut edge: this includes inside border.
- All bleed images must extend 1/16" outside of the die cut. Bleed borders must be a minimum of 1/16" thick, with an additional 1/16" bleed outside the die cut. We do not recommend bleeding a butt cut label.
- Minimum size rule lines in positive print are 1/2 point. Minimum size rule lines in reverse print are 1 point.
- Minimum size type in positive print is 4 point, in both serif and sans serif fonts.
- Minimum size type in reverse print is 8 point for serif fonts, 6 point for sans serif fonts.
- Do not use extra bold or extra light fonts smaller than 8 point, in positive or reverse print.
- Spot color screen values can range from no less than 3% to no more than 90%.
- Graduated screen values can range from 3% to 100%.
- Four-color process screen value no less than 3%. Anything above 90% will probably print as 100%.
- Scanned images for four-color process and continuous tone printing must be scanned at 300 dpi.
- Scanned line art and type must be scanned at 1200 dpi.
- Scans should be saved to disk as TIFF or EPS files. Be sure to convert scanned color images to CMYK before saving to disk.
Please DO NOT apply trapping. Our designers will determine and apply all the necessary trapping.