As the largest manufacturer of PVC caps in the world, StockCap has the most extensive line of PVC caps, plugs, flange covers, and masking products available. Of course, this broad line of products evolved due to the special advantages that PVC caps and plugs have over most hard plastic closures. Here are some of the most common reasons people choose to use PVC when specifying everything from dust caps to plastic closures.
- PVC is a flexible material. When used as the material for a cap or plug, it provides a much better seal and will not crack or shred like hard plastic closures.
- For threaded applications, PVC caps and plugs will not shred and leave residue in the very part that they are trying to protect from dust or other contaminants.
- PVC can be made in more vibrant colors.
- The flexibility of PVC caps makes them easy to install while the airtight seal that they provide keeps them in place once they are on.
- PVC withstands high temperatures and can often be used as an alternative to more expensive rubber caps in paint masking applications.
- PVC has a greater chemical resistance than most other plastics making it the perfect cap material for plating applications.
- PVC is a naturally insulative material making these caps and plugs the ideal choice for closures that are going to be used in electrical applications.
- Due to the unique molding process used to make PVC caps, engineers can specify caps in almost any length without incurring tooling charges.
- PVC formulations can be made to achieve a wide variety of textures and chemical properties.
For more information on a specific style of PVC cap or plug, please click on one of the links below.