As the largest manufacturer of vinyl caps in the world, StockCap has the most extensive line of vinyl caps, plugs, flange covers, and masking products available. Of course, this broad line of products evolved due to the special advantages that vinyl caps and plugs have over most hard plastic closures.
Here are some of the most common reasons people choose to use vinyl when specifying their caps and plugs.
- Vinyl is a flexible material. When used as the material for a cap or plug, it provides a much better seal and will not crack or shred like hard plastic closures.
- For threaded applications, vinyl caps and plugs will not shred and leave residue in the very part that they are trying to protect from contamination.
- Vinyl can be made in more vibrant colors.
- The flexibility of vinyl caps makes them easy to install while the airtight seal that they provide keeps them in place once they are on.
- Vinyl withstands high temperatures and can often be used as an alternative to more expensive rubber caps in paint masking applications.
- Vinyl has a greater chemical resistance than most other plastics making it the perfect cap material for plating applications.
- Vinyl is a naturally insulative material making vinyl caps and plugs the ideal choice for closures that are going to be used in electrical applications.
- Due to the unique molding process used to make vinyl caps, engineers can specify vinyl caps in almost any length without incurring tooling charges.
- Vinyl formulations can be made to achieve a wide variety of textures and chemical properties.
For more information on a specific style of vinyl cap or plug, please click on the links below.